Friday, March 28, 2008

WHO'S ELECTION IS THIS ANYWAY?

I'm getting sick and tired of all of these people saying that Hillary Clinton should step down and let Obama have a clear shot at ruining my home. Each and every candidate has the right to decide if and when they will throw in the towel, not other elected officials or the press. This is America and we have the right to free speech but who says that it is okay to trample on the lives of others?

Yes, I am a Hillary Clinton person and my reasons are as vast as the freckles on my body. But mostly because as a mother, wife and daughter, she knows how to keep a house in order, balance the budget, ensure that the family has enough food and the proper medical attention. Also as a wife and mother, she would make war a last resort, enough body bags have come home from a senseless war. A wife and mother knows how to entertain guests, stop quarrels and make friends with her neighbors. She has been the First Lady for the state of Arkansas as well as for the nation. And when her husband made mistakes she didn't cut and run, she forgave him and pulled the family closer than ever. Now she is a second term Senator from the state of New York winning her second race by a landslide.

Has she made mistakes? Hell yes, we all have and she will admit them and go on. That shows courage and wisdom to me. How many of us would prefer not to even acknowledge out mistakes? I see that when she is on the campaign trail that she doesn't just court the college kids who will be voting for the first time ever, but instead talks to ALL of the people. Already she has begun laying out plans for what she wants to do for us and the way that she wants to lead this great nation of ours. I'm not hearing that from Obama. If he holds off and learns more and then runs, I'm sure I would like to see him as a president. But as a gay person I can tell you right now that it would take more than admitted sexuality for me to vote for a gay person. I want the most experienced person on all of the issues to lead this country so that I can sleep better at night. That's my opinion, what's yours?

Mikey

1 comment:

Linda L Rucker said...

Keep her house in order? Are you KIDDING me? She couldn't keep her hubby in her own bed, though a good look at her will explain that one, of course a good look at him cries the question to Monica, are you blind?
Balance a budget? Control her finanaces? Honey, she can't even keep a grip on her own campaign funds, for Pete's sake.
Her health care program was a total failure and a disaster.
She is the biggest liar, well next to slick Willy anyway. "I did NOT have sex with that woman." Of course not and I'm the Pope of Greenwich Village!
Does she think everyone is stupid? Anyone with a bb sized brain in their head knows that had she been in ANY remote danger in Bosnia, the SS would never have allowed that plane to land, let alone let her and the first ugly get off the plane amid sniper fire.
That woman defies logic and belief.
But, you know what? I still love my misguided, beautiful Stella!!