Sunday, May 18, 2008

GAY MARRIAGE IN CALIFORNIA

A few days ago the California Supreme Court, by a close vote of 3-2, decided that Gays and Lesbians had the right to marry and then the Christians got their asses on their collective backs again and decided to try for a referendum on the November ballot. When does this stop?

I was brought up in the Catholic religion and spent some time in the Baptist church but I’m still not able to quote chapter and verse like some others can. But I do know one thing that Jesus is quoted as saying, “Let the one who is without sin cast the first stone.” Maybe it is just an oversight on the part of those who would oppose what the state has approved or maybe it is just once again a small portion of the Christian community who reads thru their bibles with blinders on. There is plenty that I have read that some of my best Christian friends have overlooked or chose to ignore about what the bible tells them to do or not to do and while I note in in my mind, I say nothing. It isn’t my place to judge them. Again, I don’t know chapter or verse but I do seem to remember something about, “Judge not or yea shall be judged.”

It seems that the only thing that they have to worry about is gay marriage. Would it be okay if we got married but by a Justice of the Peace? And if we use non-religious vows would that be alright you? How many people have been married with the phrase,”...till death do us part” as part of their vow and then divorce later when something different comes along or things don‘t work out? And the bible does tell us that if you break up your marriage that you are not to have sex so long as the other one is still alive. Ask your pastor about that one. I am not here to judge anyone I just want you to remember some of the other things that are in the bible and hope for the sake of your soul that you are not casting that stone unless you are without sin. And if this is the case, please get in touch with me an let me know because it has been more than 2000 years since the last one who is without sin walked this earth.

No comments: