Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE ELECTIONS?

No matter which candidate you are voting for this election, it seems to me that the news shows are just going way too far in their commentary. If you don't vote for Obama you are a racist and if you don't vote for Hillary you are sexist. They feel that they have the power to tell you not only this but also that if you are a hillbilly you are a racist while city folk know better and want to keep a man in the Oval Office, black or white. I don't know about you but it is sicking to me and a lot of people that I talk to. One minute after the closing time for the ballots they are ready to predict the winner of the race because of their exit polls. I love to lie to people who take polls because I don't think that they accomplish a lot. And if they are doing one at the mall I make sure that I go to two or three of them and give each one different answers.

Is it not possible that each of us is voting for the person that we think will do the best job of running the country without bringing all of the baggage of race or gender into the picture? Maybe some would like to have a woman or a black person in the top position. I would love to see a gay person male or female, black white or Hispanic in the Oval Office, BUT ONLY IF THAT PERSON IS THE MOST qualified person to do the job. Isn't that what it is supposed to be about? And not just person for the party but the best person for the job. JMHO, what is yours?
Mike

No comments: